Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday's Craft

Here's tonights craft: a hot pad.  My friend is getting married Friday and I need a present.  And what do you know?  I have a free night...


So here's a simple idea for you to do on your night off.  My plan is to give it with a bundt cake pan.  Why?  Because a bundt cake sounded good tonight.  It was super easy and I didn't follow a pattern.  I thought I'd share my idea with the world! (PS, my picture quality sucks because I took them with my iPhone.)


Step 1) Cut 2 coordinating 8x8 inch squares.  Also, cut one 7x7 inch thin quilting padding square.

Step 2) Place wrong sides with padding in between.  Pin in place.  Sew a line down the middle.  Leave 1 inch to the outside (In other words, stop sewing when you've reached the end of your padding).

Step 3) Sew more lines on both sides, one inch apart.

Step 4) I made a mini little pocket for mine using some scrap fabric.  I just finished the edge and cut to fit my square pattern.  Then I attached by sewing to top square.

Step 5) Create an edging by folding in each side and then folding again to center.  Use an iron to press.


Step 6) Wrap edging around outside of hot pad.  Pin in place.  Then sew to attach.

Finish with a nice loop.  There you have it, the cutest wedding present for the blushing bride.  I hope she likes it.  I have extra fabric, so I want to make myself one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment