Monday, September 26, 2011

I love my JOB!

I was scared to death of graduating and entering my first
"BIG GIRL JOB".
I thought I was too young.
I thought teachers were supposed to be old, married, and more established in their life.

But now I'm doing it.
Young, Single, and yes I'm admitting it: Living with my Parents.
And guess what?

I'm LOVING IT!

It's now just as normal to be called Ms. Bradshaw as Sandra.
I am not afraid to be firm and semi mean in order for my class to behave.
I enter in grades.
I plan lessons.
I suddenly care about my 9th graders,
and I'm continually stressed  
hoping they're learning the concepts they need to in my class.

I create tests
I incorporate different teaching methods
I keep role and 
I have rules posted in my classroom.

I feel like 90% of my job is classroom management
I feel like my part job title is sometimes: 
babysitter or part-time nagger.

I even break up fights in the hall.
It's official, I'm a teacher
AND I LIKE IT.

I know this might not be interesting to all of you out in the Cyber World...
But it is to me.  And I love it.
It just feels good to be in the right place for me.

I enjoy my job.
It's challenging,
But so rewarding.

And I've only been at it for a few months.

















No comments:

Post a Comment