Friday, January 21, 2011

2000-2010

As 2011 came and went, i couldn't help but reflect on the last 10 years of my life.  I was 12 in 2000 and now I'm 22 in 2010.  From 12 to 22 is a huge significant portion of ones life!!  And I can't help but wonder what they'll call that year gap.  You know how they refer to other decades as the 70's, 80's, 90's?   Well what's 2000 to 2010?  Those were some age defying years.  Think about it... cell phones boomed, wifi....  the list could go on.


Here is what I did New Years.  Some friends threw a party in an empty warehouse.  Graffiti was my favorite part:)


Anyway I seriously thought about my last 10 years.  And this is my journal entree.  I thought I'd share it with the cyber world:

1/2/11

The new year happened and suddenly it's 2011.  I reflected a lot on this pivotal chunk of my life.  I started out as a child and became a woman.  Here are the number facts:

I've had 3 boyfriends.  Said "I love you" to 3 guys but only truly loved one of them.
I went from Elementary to Jr High to High School to Jr College to University.
I've lived with 14 girls I otherwise would have not known if I didn't go to college.
I've kissed approximately 40 guys- hit or miss.
I lived in New York.
I went to Canada.
I went to Disneyland.
I grew a new body part- Boobs.
At 12 I liked Backstreet Boys.  Today I'm obsessed with Band of Horses.
I lost 2 people dear to me.
I've had 18 jobs.
When I was 12 I had a new baby brother named Seth.  Now I have a 10 yr old brother named Seth.

I found out who I was in those years.  Those years are really fond in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment